Sunday, December 18, 2005

An update



So time has once again flown. I've been busy seeing my friends, baking for Christmas and writing my articles etc etc.
I've also read a lot. I finished Gabaldon's A Breath of Snow and Ashes and loved it. Although it was maybe a bit too long, but wonderful nevertheless. Then I read French Women Don't Get Fat and loved it as well. I don't have a weught problem but sensible eating and eating for pleasure are things I don't mind being reminded about. Now I'm reading A Time-Travellers Wife and don't yet know what to make of it. I like it at times and at times I don't.
I've also knitted some. I made mittens for myself and a hat for DH and I started to knit a bolero for me. I know I should not maybe, because of my wrist (and it does hurt quite badly now!) but I don't care that much since I cannot really make it worse and it will be operated on in February, I think. It's nothing really serious. I can't remember the correct name but it's something to do with joint fluids forming a bubble between the ligaments. They don't know what causes it, it just happens to some people. Those with flexible joints are at risk.
I've also stitched an ornament for my grandmother and worked on Mystery VIII. Since it's obvious I'm not going to finish it this year, I'll put in my rotation (replacing Taj Mahal Garden).

One of the reasons I've been avoiding writing here is that I want to show pictures but didn't have time to figure out how to do it. Now I will and here is (I hope) a picture of my first Phaleonopsis orchid that I bought last year and that is now blooming again! I'm very proud of it and of myself :) (And it appears that I don't know how to place the picture elsewhere but the top of the post.. Oh well. Another time.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Hey Lina, I found you!! Your blog is looking really great so far and I'm so glad you decided to start one! Your orchid is absolutely beautiful! I hope the surgery helps your wrist and you're able to knit as much as you want to.

I'm going to add you to my blogroll so I'll make sure to check often for new posts!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home