Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just a quick update

Today has been a fantastic craft day.. The new Suuri Käsityölehti (a Finnish craft magazine) came in the mail today and I've been leafing through it. There wasn't that much in it that I wanted to do. A simple knitted scarf in a new variegated thread (Inka by Garnstudio), a mohair lace scarf (thinking of doing this in Rowan's Kidsilk Haze eventhough the gauge isn't correct and needs to be fiddled with) and a largish crocheted basket made from fabric strips. No stitching, but then there never is. Well, there IS, just not anything I'd ever want to make. There were some great news. A huge yarn store has opened up about a 30 minutes drive away! Definitely going go check that out next week!

DH is out with his friends this evening, so I've been knitting and stitching. I actually finished a pair of wrist warmers that I started only yesterday! They were way faster to do than I imagined. I also got an hour and a half on Sampler Mystery. Pics to follow tomorrow as it's so dark right now I don't think they would turn out well. Now I have lots of choices. I could a) go to sleep, b) read a book in bed until I fall asleep or until DH gets home, c) stitch more or d) start a new knitting project. Oh decisions, decisions. I think I'll go and start my next knitting project (just a few rows) while I drink some tea and then I'll grab my book and read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home