Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Movies and books

On Saturday we went to the movies. We wanted to see Narnia, but it was sold out. Neither one of us wanted to go straight back home, so we went to see King Kong instead. ...yawn... It was way too long. Technically and visually it was a great movie, the actors were great etc. but there just wasn't enough of a story to make a movie over 3 hours long. The island bit just went on and on and towards the end DH and I were just laughing at how ridiculous it was. And then I was actually yawning out of boredom. But the very end back in New York wasn't so bad. And I loved the clothes the women were wearing. Those hats were really cute and now I'm thinking that maybe I could knit and felt one for myself. I'd need to find a pattern though... And I also liked the skirts and dresses. Especially the one Naomi Watts had on when they first went to the island and then the dress she had on at the last scene.

Yesterday I went to pick up the books I had preordered at the book sales.
An embroidery book with old Finnish patterns for tablecloths etc, an orchid book, Kaffe Fassett's Patchwork book and a soft cover one called The Victorian House. I've browsed through them all, but haven't had time yet to read them properly.

And I also got some yarn. These will eventually become this, without the furry thing at the edge. I don't know where or when I would wear it, but it looks cute :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home