Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What can you do with just one hand?

It's confirmed. I'm going to have the operation done on my wrist next Monday. Four days from now! With the date came the realization that for the next three weeks I'm going to be unable to do the things I now spent most of my time doing: writing on the computer, knitting and stitching. Well, I could write one handed, and probably will do so for short blog entries and such, but otherwise it would just be too much of a bother and by the time I'd finish one sentence I'd forgotten what I wanted to say after that. So the question I've been asking is what am I going to do?

I'm trying to write the article I've now been doing research on by Monday morning so that I can start the research process for another one while recovering from the surgery. I also hope to write up all the material that I now have waiting to be written for my thesis so that I, once again, can do more research during the following weeks. Knitting, well, there's nothing I can do. Sob. I think I can stitch with the work on my lap stand using just my right hand. It'll be slow, but at least I can do it. I'm going to collect a pile of books I want to read and probably spent an enormous time surfing the internet. I probably should also cook up some meals we can just heat up for the first few days after surgery. In addition to these must-do things, I hope to finish up the Embossed Leaves socks (so I can wear them as a consolation prize of sorts) and finish the stitching on part 1 of the Sampler Mystery. So, I'm headed for a busy, busy end of the week.

Speaking of the socks, I've finished the first one and just cast on for the second. They are going to be so wonderful!

3 Comments:

Blogger Terhi said...

Oi, odottelen kovasti kuvaa valmiista sukista! Itse toivon saavani omani valmiiksi tulevana viikonloppuna. :-)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Terhi said...

Liian nopeat sormet - onnea vielä leikkaukseen!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Best wishes for your surgery, Lina, and a speedy recovery!! I'm sure the few weeks of limited activity will be much better in the long run. Take care of yourself!

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home