Monday, February 20, 2006

Fiascos and new starts

Sampler Mystery II does not like me. I don't know why this one is such a lot of work and never seems to get anywhere when others who are stitching it are finishing up their parts in about a week. I've barely even gotten a start on part 2. During the weekend I sat down to work on it and stitched happily away marveling at my progress for a good hour or so. And then I notice it. Right at the beginning of part 2 I had made a tiny counting mistake and my entire thing was a stitcho of. So I had to frog everything and now I'm back to square one. I did do one lenght of floss and started part 2 again, but now it is just depressing to work on it :(

While visiting my parents and celebrating my brother's birthday on Saturday I started this:



It's again from the Winter Interweave Knits. And it is a lot of work! So much in fact, that even I realized I could not possibly just work on it alone from start to finish, so I started this (also because I was so bummed about the Sampler):



This is the Sunrise Circle Jacket that's available from the Interweave Knits website. The yarn is something I found while out shopping on Friday. I have no idea what it is as it was sold in hanks without any labels. All I know is it is 100% wool. It is a bit coarse, but I love the look of the fabric it produces and the color is just simply wonderful pale mustard-y yellow.


Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day and lots of good things to eat :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home