Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy thoughts everywhere

Time for an update on my WIPs. And I think it is a rather positive one, which I'm happy about.

I finished the mittens but cannot take a picture at the moment as the recipient left for work this morning wearing them.



While working on the mittens I also worked on the lace wrap cardigan, knitting one 10-row pattern repeat a day. I worked well, I'm not bored with the project and the back is almost done already, so I'm going to continue with this method. The only problem with this one is that despite making a gauge swatch where the gauge was spot on, it isn't so anymore. The back should measure 18" from cast on to the beginning of armholes and even with a bit of stretching mine only measures a bit over 16". It doesn't really matter, but I'll have to see if I need to make an extra repeat on the armholes or not.



The back of Sunrise Circle Jacket is done. I don't really know when it got done as I haven't knitted on this for a while :) I did start one of the sleeves yesterday. I don't mind if this goes as quickly and easily as the back.



And I've been stitching as well. Part 2 is nearly done (and part 3 is already here) and here you can see some cute flowers. You were supposed to backstitch around them but I didn't think it looked that good so left it out. Faster this way, too :)

This morning I picked up a package and doesn't the sight of this just cheer you up? Lovely, lovely yarn and such cheerful, spring-like colors.



That's Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK (green) for Odessa and Cabled Fingerless Mitts from the Spring IK, Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere (yellow) for a tennis sweater I'm going to make and Hifa (I think that's what it was although it has no labels, a bargain bin yarn) cotton that I'm going to knit in to Crinkle from the new Rowan magazine.

This week I received the much talked about Stitch 'n' Bitch book from my library. I was a bit disappointed. There were only two things I would maybe like to make someday. I should have known though, I'm rarely into the hip, modern things.
There was, however, instructions on how to make a centerpull ball out of a skein of yarn. Since the Hifa cotton was in skeins I decided to give it a try. Here is the result:



It was really uncomfortable to do (having to keep your thumb in the ball while trying to pick knots open was not easy) and, although I like centerpull balls, I've never really had a problem with the other kind rolling here and there, so I don't think I'll be doing this again. I just hope this one works so all my effort wasn't in vain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Wow, you sure do get a lot of knitting and stitching done, Lina!! Everything looks really beautiful!

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home