Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fingerless mitts

Just in time:



I finished these during Easter and they are just perfect for the kind of weather we are having here now.

Pattern is from the spring issue of Interweave Knits. I followed the pattern quite closely. However, I did not cut my knitting to make the thumb hole as the instructions have you do. Instead, I left six stitches on a piece yarn and created six more on the next row to replace them and then knit the thumb from those. Oh, and don't believe when it says they are knit from the knuckles down. I did and the pattern is a reverse of the one in the pictures. No big deal, but just thought I should point it out.
The yarn I used is Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK. The yarn is absolutely lovely. Warm and oh-so-soft. But I did not like knitting with it much, as I've said earlier. However, it wasn't too bad and I'm now knitting a hat from the same yarn to go with these.

1 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Oh, my! I just love the silky shiny yarn at the top of your blog!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home