Monday, April 24, 2006

I've been sewing again!

This week I've got to get by without my camera as DH took it with him when he left for a business trip.. But here's a few things I finished and took pictures of before he left.



Apparently, white is a very fashionable color for this spring and summer and this is my take on it. I tried several skirts at different stores but they were all so see-through, so I made my own. I'm always having some problems with attaching zippers, but otherwise, this was quite simple to do. The pattern is from a Finnish craft magazine (Suuri Käsityölehti 2/2006).



This one is inspired by Marie Claire Idees. I bought old jeans from a second hand store (I only own two pairs of jeans and didn't want to cut either of them) and took the top part from them and sewed some cotton fabric on to make an ankle length skirt.

***
Trek - Aren't they lovely? They are Dinky Dyes threads.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Great skirts, Lina! I really like the style of the white one.

5:49 AM  
Blogger annika said...

I love especially the white skirt! The jeans-skirt is also nice :)

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home