Monday, April 03, 2006

Polka dots enter the kitchen

Thank you Nicki and Christine for the suggestions on my previous post! I'll definitely check them out.

Today I realized an idea I've been planning on doing for some months now and it hasn't got anything to do with knitting, stitching or sewing. I've seen this kind of thing done in so many magazines I can't remember them all, but I know at least Martha has had it.
See my cute new serving dish / cake platter?



It's actually a mug and a plate glued together from their bottoms:



I've been eyeing cheap dishes with this purpose in mind for a while now and when I saw these cute polka dot ones (I love polka dots!) today, I just had to take them home with me. The price of the new dish? 3.5 €.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mistä tuollaiset ihanuudet olet löytänyt?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Toukan äiti said...

Hei mii :)
Nämä löytyivät Vapaa Valinnasta. Tarkemmin ottaen Tampereen Koskikeskuksen liikkeestä.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative idea! I think I'll have to copy it!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home