Saturday, April 15, 2006

Pretty in pink

Here's another project from Marie Claire Idées (I just love that magazine!).



The french insturctions for the knitting part were quite easy to follow (well, it was an easy pattern) but the instructions for putting it all together were another thing! I translated them to the best of my ablity using a dictionary and still could not completely understand them (I think the problem is with my translation rather than the actual instructions). But going with what I could understand and studying the picture, I was able to do it. The knitting was done over a weekend two weeks ago, last weekend I put it all together and yesterday I attached the buttons. The yarn I used is a thin cotton yarn (Novita Kotiväki) held double (I had it in my stash with no particular purpose). One 200g skein was enough and I got plenty left over. The buttons and the cord are just for decoration.
Here's a detail shot:



And, Nicki, thank you so much for the offer! I'll let you know once I hear back from the stores.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Wow, Lina, that looks fantastic! If we lived closer I'd definitely ask you to teach me how to knit and finish things. I didn't post a comment the other day, but your stitching looks good!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Wow Lina! When I saw the first photo I thought it was a photo from a magazine! Then I read the text and realised you'd made it! It's lovely. Congratulations!

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home