Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spring bag

I just made myself a simple spring/summer bag. The handbag I often use is too small to carry magazines and other slightly bigger buys (although otherwise being the loveliest bag I've ever had), so I'm forever lugging ugly and commercial plastic bags or large canvas bags (meant for gorcery shopping). This is the perfect addition. It fits in my handbag when empty and is just the perfect size for some light shopping. As you can see, a magazine fits in very well :)



The fabric is heavy cotton and the lining is light cotton. The pattern is all my own.
Here's a close-up of the lining:



To bring some knitting content in, here's one sleeve-front piece of the Sunrise Circle Jacket. I finished it last night. It has been very enjoyable to knit and refreshingly different. The directions are very easy to follow, so if there's someone out there thinking about it, I say, just do it :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Wow, I love the bag, Lina!! Great job. I like your knitted jacket, too. And great job on the t-shirts in the last post...you're very creative!

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag is wonderful...I have so much fabric and I don't make clothes too much anymore...so I think I'll take inspiration from you & whip up a few bags for myself & for friends! Thanks for sharing!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home