Sunday, May 21, 2006

Porvoo

On Saturday I went to Porvoo with the knitting club belong to. Porvoo is a lovely old town about half an hour's drive from here. During our free time I went walking in the old part of the town, shopped at the lovely little boutiques and had lunch at a wonderful little cafe.





The reason we visited Porvoo, besides it being a wonderful town, was a company that imports yarn from around Europe. We were told of future plans that they have and got to fondle all the new yarns that are going to come out next autumn and we also got a change to shop at their store (with a small discount) :) This is what I got:


Cotton yarn for a shawl.


Specialty yarn that I'm going to turn into a scarf for a competition I saw.


And lovely, lovely merino and silk blend in lace weight. For a shawl (or two).

While wondering around town, I passed a thrift store and saw this darling horse in the window. It was love at first sight and so he came home with me :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Lovely photos - it looks like a wonderful place. And lovely wool too. :)

And congratulations to Finland on the Eurovision Song Contest. Lordi made it on to our news all the way down here! :)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

What a pretty little town! It sounds like you had a great visit and I like the horse. Very pretty yarn, too!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home