Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Random finishes

I've had a lot going on lately and haven't really had time to do any crafting. Last weekend, I had a little time, so I made a top from the same fabric as the resent skirt I showed. I really liked this pattern (from the latest Moda), but it wasn't the best for this fabric. The top is very form fitting but the fabric isn't very stretchy, so it's a bit of a hassle to get it off. I used what I had left over from the skirt and that wasn't a lot so I had to do the back in two pieces. It isn't exactly haute couture but I still really like it. I've never used a pattern twice, but now I plan to do so. I have some stretchy jersey fabric in my stash that would be great for it.



I also finished the crochet belt I've been working on for a while. It turned out pretty well. I got the wooden buckle for free from a thrift store when I purchased a bunch of other stuff. The owner said he didn't remember when he would have last sold a buckle and was unable to come up with a price so he just gave it to me :)



Nicki - Thank you :) We had a saying here in Finland that hell will freeze over before we win the contest. I think from that you can guess how big a deal it is over here ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

LOL! Well I hope you're all celebrating! I thought they were great! :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Love the top, Lina!!!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home