Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The comfort of tea



I love tea and drink several cups every day. I have an old tea pot which I've purchased at a flea market several years ago. I was thrilled to find a small speacialty tea shop when we moved to Helsinki and now I buy all of my teas there. The only thing I haven't had, ever, is a tea cosy. I have been searching for a great one at stores (albeit not very actively) for years and have planned on making one for almost as long. The one above, was finally created last weekend. I'm not completely satisfied (I think the white lacy fabric looks too "new", it doesn't really go with the crocheted flowers) and will probably make a new one once inspiration strikes me again, but nevertheless I'm thrilled to finally have a tea cosy!



I crocheted four flowers, each a different kind, from scraps of left-over wool yarns. I found the patterns by googling "crochet flower" or something like that, I'm sorry I don't have the exact addresses anywhere. These were actually done some weeks ago already, but then they were kind of forgotten for a while. I thought I had blogged about them and my plans already, but it appears I haven't, so here is a close-up of the flowers.



I've also been doing some travel preparations and stitched up this luggage tag (inspired by the Marie Claire Idées Summer issue, which I got over the weekend as well). After I had stitched half of the address it dawned on me that we're going to move within the next few months (yeah, I know, you'd think you would remember something like that!), so only made this one, instead of a whole series of them like I had originally planned. Therefore, I wasn't really disappointed when I noticed the thread I had chosen was not the greatest of choices. Although you can't really see it from the picture as I smudged it up a bit in some places, it's a bit difficult to read without really squinting. I'll have to make better ones when I know our new address :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home