Friday, June 30, 2006

A fulfilled dream

Like most people, I have big, huge, enormous dreams and a whole bunch of smaller ones. This one's definitely on the small side, but it's nice to have it realized all the same :)

I've been day-dreaming about a new ironing board cover for a long time now. The ultimate dream has been to get one of these Cath Kidston ones, but they are a bit pricey, especially with the postage which is almost the same as the price of the cover (really outrageous as it most certainly will not cost even nearly that much to send it from the UK), so it has stayed as a dream only. However, being faced with yet another ironing session with the ugly and yellow board cover, I saw the vintage sheet I had purchased from a second hand store the other day. The intention was to use it to make a picnic quilt, but there's plenty of it, so I cut it up, sewed a fold for a drawstring and put it on and love it! And this cost me practically nothing :) Now all I want to do is iron ;)



On top of it, you can see the camera pouch I made.

To those of you who do not live in Finland and may have heard about the light filled summers were here up north have, here's a picture taken few minutes past midnight (a few days after the longest day of the year). It's a blurry picture as I just took it while grabbing a glass of water before heading back to bed, but you can definitely see that the sky is not dark. I'm not sure if that is a sunset or sunrise, probably both. And Helsinki is still quite far south from Lapland, the northen region, where the sun really does not set (I've never actually seen it, though).

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

I love the cover! What a great idea :)

And I think I might struggle living so far north. Still light at night when you're trying to sleep and not much light in the winter. It's bad enough in a British winter! :)

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home