Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Graduation, part 1

I have a confession to make. One of the reasons I haven't posted the graduation day pics yet, is because we hardly have any. At my graduation our batteries died after 4 pictures were taken. And of those four, this is pretty much the only one that makes any sense. These musicians are from the university's orchestra and played several beautiful songs throughout the ceremony. I would also like to point out that at our school graduation ceremonies (held once every semester) are not a big thing, and most people don't attend. A case in point: since January 100 people had graduated from my faculty and only about 30 were present.



I am quite upset that we didn't get to take any pictures of me in my outfit and with the beautiful roses I got. We do plan on taking pictures of me in the outfit, but haven't had time or proper lighting for it, yet.

The batteries worked just fine on DH's graduation, but I seemed to be incapable of taking anything besides fuzzy pictures. At his school, the ceremonies are held once a month and most every one attends. Here's a group shot of those who graduated during May.



I showed you a WIP picture of the dress I was going to wear and here you can see it on me. This really is the best shot of the dress. It was, after all, DH's graduation day and people weren't that interested in photographing my dress :)



It was the most difficult thing I've ever sewn. I was able to put it together after much swearing, sweating and hours and hours in front of the sewing machine. I think I would have rather enjoyed making this if I had had more time. Lesson learned: next time I want to make something to wear to a specific event, I'll start earlier than one day before. Or, if I really must put myself through the horror of a tight deadline, I'll choose a much simpler pattern to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Too bad your camera batteries died, Lina! I look forward to a pic of your outfit when you're able to take one. I like the dress you made for your DH's grad!

Congratulations to you both!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home