Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Looking for a reason to celebrate?



You know what this is? It's going to be a skirt I'm going to be wearing on my graduation day! Yes, I have finally finished my university studies and am now Master of Arts (I studied English and journalism).

Not having enough money to buy a new dress or a skirt for that matter, but still wanting to wear something new, I decided to try making my own. It's going to be long and wide :) I have a red corset-like silk top I can wear it with or then just with a white dress shirt (plain or ruffled).

I have all the materials and today I've been going through my magazines searching for a pattern to use. I didn't find any that would be just right so I'm going to have to draw my own pattern (gasp!). To add to the pressure, the ceremony is on Friday (gasp!) so I don't have a lot of time to doodle... I'm glad I just want a simple skirt and nothing elaborate. Wish me luck :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Villasatu said...

Paljon ONNEA!!!!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Congratulations Lina! I hope you have a wonderful graduation day :)

Sorry to see you were ill yesterday. Hope you're feeling better now. The black and grey photos you took are beautiful.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Huge CONGRATULATIONS to you, Lina!!! I'm so proud of you and I hope to see lots of pictures from your graduation!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

5:16 AM  
Blogger amelie said...

Onnea tuoreelle maisterille. Toivottavasti tulee kiva hame.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Carita said...

Lämpimät onnittelut !

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Onnittelut valmistumisen johdosta!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home