Friday, June 16, 2006

Red Friday



I have my DMC threads on cardboard bobbins in plastic fishing boxes (they're almost identical to the official DMC boxes, but a lot cheaper) in numerical order. Shown in the picture are segments of red amidst other colors.

Fiona of Hop skip jump started a WIP Friday meme last week. I was too late then, but I'm in :) I have so many (too many) WIPs at different stages and mediums, some with just the materials and some nearly finished. This Friday I thought I'd post a photo of all of my knitting WIPs.



Sunrise Circle Jacket (yellow): Have done the back and one of the front+sleeve pieces. Need to make another one. I still love this one, but all my cotton yarns and summer knitting have lured me away from it for a while now.

Lace wrap cardi (dark green): See above. Back and one front piece are done, another nearly so. Still need sleeves and a collar. Plus I knew it was a long term project from the start.

Rowan cotton cardi (white): The only reason this is still a WIP is that I ran out of yarn and had to order more and I haven't gotten it yet. Only missing half of the collar and the sleeves need to be attached.

Summer top (brighter green): This is my newest, started it last night. It's going to be a summer top. The pattern is from the winter issue of Interweave Knits. It called for a superwarm alpaca-wool mix yarn, but I swapped it for Debbie Bliss Cathay, a cool and luxurious mix of cotton, silk and viscose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

I love your WIP picture - I must do that with my stitching! The new lighter green yarn sounds lovely.

2:11 AM  
Blogger mimulus said...

I am totally envious of your DMC thread stash as well as how neatly you have it organized! Kudos. And yor WIP sound fantastic an dlook fantastic. I am in awe of amyone ywho can knit..I am still trying o to master it myself and think I will stick to sewing.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home