Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some peace and quiet



On Wednesday we drove to Tampere again, to attend DH's graduation ceremony, visited some friends and stayed the night at his parents' house. On Thursday we drove to my grandmother's cottage to spend the juhannus (Midsummer) weekend, with my grandmother and my parents. It is such a relaxing place and I love going. And it's pretty much the only place I've known all my life. We didn't do much, but still three days just flew by. If only it was closer so we could visit more often.

I stitched a bit, I read a lot and spend time doing sudoku. And I finished the Rowan cardigan, or whatever you want to call it. The extra ball of yarn I had to order arrived just in time before we left, so I took it with me, knitted the collar and sewed it all up. This pattern is Antoinette from the latest Rowan magazine (number 39). I shortened the front and back pieces, by starting the front pieces with 26 stitches (instead of 8) and following the pattern from there. The collar is also one repeat shorter. Those were the intentional changes I made. After I was done, I noticed I had misunderstood/misread the directions for the sleeves and they have a bit less of the "fancy rib" than the model on the magazine does. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your cardigan is lovely, this is the first "real" one of these I have seen.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home