Thursday, August 24, 2006

Day off



I am exhausted! For a week now (except for Saturday) I've been doing nothing but packing, painting, organizing, cleaning and searching for new furniture, curtains and mats. You know, anything and everything to do with moving. From the moment I wake up to when I go back to sleep (which is way too late). I always become very anxious when things change (even if I want them to) and I can't stand living with things not in their right place but a bit here and a bit there and a huge pile over here. So, I am still utterly happy about moving into our new home (and I love how it's turning out to be), but I'm also so very very tired.

Today we are taking a day off. DH is at some work event all day and I get to have some free time in the evening. I still have to pack a lot during the day and also somehow miraculously have this aparmtent in a presentable condition when potential new renteres come to see it this evening. Which otherwise wouldn't be such a big deal to me, but as it is, we are obliged to pay the rent next month unless they find new tenants. So, keep your fingers crossed that someone will soon take this, because if they do, we save quite a lot of money.

After all that has happened, I will take out my sewing machine and the fabrics you see above and make an apron for this months tie one on and an "fall wardrobe item" for Sew Retro (links on my sidebar). Somehow I've also got to make time to get into to town as I need to buy a couple of things and today is a Night of Art in Helsinki and there's all sorts of fun and free events all over town. I know I'll be too tired to stay for long, but I hope to at least be able to visit one of the museums that are open and see one or two performances..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home