Saturday, September 16, 2006

Watching autumn creep in



Today was a beautiful early autumn day. Crisp air, sun shining and not a cloud in the sky. We decided to go out and enjoy it and drove to a national park nearby. We walked a circular route that was about 4 km long and stopped a few times to enjoy the views and to eat our small snack of plums, bananas, some candy and hot chocolate from a thermos. It was lovely.

Here's another item I managed to (finally) finish during my forced internet break.



It's the cable knit top from Interweave Knits autumn 05 issue. It was meant to have just s string from the center witch you would then tie behind your neck, but I decided to knit the straps since I had plenty of yarn left over. The yarn I used for this was Debbie Bliss' Cathay, a cotton and silk mix.

You can also see a bit of our balcony on that photo :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Beautiful knitting! :)

And I just love autumn. It's my favourite season. We don't get real seasons here so I'll be so pleased to see them when we get back to the UK!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home