Friday, October 06, 2006

On my way


Yesterday I listed my goals for this month, and today I can already show you some progress! I bought yarn for the vest and already started knitting it. I know, I know... I wasn't supposed to buy new yarn in a loooong while. I so suck at sticking to my goals. But, I realized that a vest is something I really, really, wanted to make for this autumn/winter and that I had no yarn for it (all the yarn I have is, believe it or not, earmarked to a specific project), so I just had to go shopping.

Above you see the yarns I'm using and this is the pattern I'm making. It's from last year's winter Vogue Knitting.


I also got a skein of Novita's self-striping yarn to make a pair of socks. Only when I got home with it, did I realize how perfectly it matched the new armchair we just got! And when I showed it to DH, he also pointed out that the dress I am wearing today (vintage Marimekko) is also similarly colored (and striped!). I guess I'm really feeling autumn-y at the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Looking forward to watching the progress! I love seeing your pictures :)

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home