Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I haven't blogged in a while...

...and suddenly I have so much to show you! I'll start with these :)

Last week I played around in the kitchen and made magic batter (taikataikina). I'm sure most of you already know about this. It uses salt and flour and a tiny bit of water and then you bake them in an oven on low temperature. I used to do this when I was a kid and was recently reminded of it by an article in a magazine. So I decided to give it a go.

Here are my creations out straight out of the oven:



The numbers 2, 0, 0 and 7 for the new year, some small hearts and pieces for playing board games. On Monday I bought gold paint and this is how they look now:



On Saturday I attended a craft fair in Tampere with a friend and in addition to tons of ideas, I brought home these:



Beeswax and wick. After reading the Tasha Tudor book I've wanted to try making some beeswax candles. I, again, remember doing this as a child with my mother one time, and I've bought some beeswax candles in the past. I just love their smell. The friend I was with, another friend I showed it to and DH all think I'm just going to make a big mess in the kitchen (you can just feel the trust, can't you?). They may be right, but I have a feeling I'll have fun doing so :)



I also got a skein of variegated greenish linen thread for embroidery and beautiful stitch markers made of sterling silver and tiger eye gemstones. They are by Valhalla Design and you can read more about them from here. This is the second set I've purchased and I can truly recommend them :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home