Tuesday, November 07, 2006

New books

My wrist started aching again (most likely due to the excessive amount of in-hand stitching and knitting and hair pin lacing I was doing). After complaining about it to DH for days, he told me not to do anything for a week.
"A week?" I said, shocked.
"Yes, a full week."
"And what if I don't?" I asked.
"I'm going to be very very very disappointed in you."

Oh well then, what else can you do but obey? Seriously, though, it will do me good (well, for the wrist at least) and I should remember to be careful with it afterwards too. I have to remember that although the surgery "fixed" it, it hasn't made it any stronger.

In the meantime I've been buying books. I found all these quilting books on sale:






I have to say, these are not superb books, but well worth the price I paid for them. The first two had some nice projects in them and the last one is about wool felt applique, which is new to me, so I'm looking forward to having the time to try one of the projects. The Wine Country Quilts was sadly a bit disspointing. I guess, because I was expecting too much from it, for some reason. But it, too, had two or three quilts that I might do, or derive inspiration from.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Hope your wrist is better soon {{hugs}} Those quilting books look interesting. I was going to say I liked the look of the Wine Country one (nice colours), but the cover is obviously better than the contents!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home