Thursday, November 30, 2006

What do we have here?



What are these things that suddenly appeared so bright and colorful and comfy and warm on my feet? Why, they are my new socks that I knit (knitted? which one is used?). They just... happened. I sat down on the couch on Friday with five bamboo sticks and a ball of yarn and voila! (The yarn is self-striping, Novita 7 Veljestä)
The pattern is a combination of three different patterns with some changes as well. I pretty much just did them by measuring them against my foot, but had to look up some help on the general number of stitches needed, the heel and the toe.

Have you tried photographing your own feet? Not as easy as you would think. Here you see one of the socks trying to hide from the world by camouflaging itself on our arm chair in the living room.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

What a great colour! I love the sock on the chair photo. :)

(It's knitted by the way :)

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny how we truly have colors we love and tend to gravitate to them. That chair vs the sock is so great! And in 6 days?! Fantastic & cozy!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What lovely warm colours, your socks (and chair) look great.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home