Monday, January 15, 2007

Fabric wreath


Well, I had a lovely and very productive weekend. In addition to knitting (Sunrise Circle Jacket) and stitching (Janvier - the French freebie), I also did this wreath. I was browsing through my Marie Claire Idées and saw a picture there that inspired me. This is very easy and rather quick to do. Just cut up small strips from different fabrics (mine were about about 10 x 1,5 cm), then take a desired length of (somewhat) thick wire and just tie the strips into a simple knot around it. Then shape into a circle. Mine has the wire going round twice (and it was easy to shape into a circle as it already was in loops close to the size I wanted). Secure with bits of fabric and thinner wire if needed.



I know I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again. I just love Marie Claire Idées. And I think it's actually great that this magazine only comes in French (which I speak very very little and very very badly), because now I'm forced to just look at the pictures and be inspired by them and figure out myself how to do the things I want to do. Oh, and it also does make me want to learn French a bit better :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

You are definitely one of the most crafty-minded people I know! What a great use for scraps of fabric!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home