Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Strawberry Garden update


Well, it was Monday again and time for my SAL with Nicki. I had a really busy day and, unfortunately, did not have as much time for it as I have had in the past weeks. I only got the large red flower and a bit of the border and letters done. I think I'll need two more weeks to finish this...


I also wanted to show you what else I did during the weekend. This tray cloth was also inspired by Maire Claire Idées. I found the floral fabric from a thrift shop a while back. I cut a piece to fit the tray and then painted (with fabric paint) the butterflies on it. And then I decorated them with backstitching, straight stitches and French knots. Nice to have a bit of something to remind oneself of summer in the midst of all this rain and darkness.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea. Those butterflies are so cute!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Strawberry Garden looks great! I also love the tray liner.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

I love the butterflies! What a great idea :)

Strawberry Garden looks great. I'll need two more weeks too so we'll finish at the same time - how wonderful!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Beautiful tray cloth - I love the bits of highlight stitching you have done. Strawberry Garden is looking lovely.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home