Monday, February 05, 2007

Current WIPs

Yesterday's post about February goals revealed that I have some new WIPs. I started a new knitting project, one that I've been wanting to do for ever.

This will grow to be a lace scarf. And I'm soon going to give it a post all of it's own as I've had some problems with it... But it's lovely and so very delicate even in its infant stage :)


I love knitting the lace scarf, but it's a project I need to do without any distractions. That means no TV watching at the same time. After a few nights of just lace, I was craving for something simpler to knit while watching TV and movies. And so I started these leg warmers. Some time ago somewhere on the world wide web I saw a picture of pink leg warmers that started just below the knee and that had a satin ribbon bow on them. (Yes, they were from a Japanese magazine or a book.) And I've been thinking about them ever since. I don't have a pattern for these, I don't even have the picture anywhere, but I have an idea :) And this is lovely mindless knitting. Just an endless amount of knit stitches (now that the rib and the ribbon holes are done).


I'm also stitching away on Sampler II and it's so nearly done I can almost taste it!
Today, however, I'll begin a new project. A new SAL with Nicki. This time we're doing Winter's Eve by Martina Weber.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Oh wow, that lace scarf is going to be gorgeous!!! Have fun with your new SAL!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

The lace scarf looks beautiful! And Sampler II looks as if it's almost done too :)

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great new starts, can't wait to see how they turn out! And I'll be watching your (and Nicki's) progress on Winter's Eve with interest (I stitched it last year, it was a fun project).

11:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The lace is so beautiful, I know what you mean about needing some TV knitting though. Lace is so absorbing and demanding, great way to forget about everything else though.

I really like the colour of the legwarmers, what yarn are you using?

Thanks for your comment on my KSH cardigan. The book is lovely, I would certainly recommend it.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home