Thursday, March 22, 2007

New projects

I've been working on some new projects lately (besides stitching my WIPs).


First, there's this. My ripple blanket. Inspired by the two lovely blankets made by Jane of Yarnstorm and by Alicia's humongous bedspread. It's wonderful and so simple. I'm using the odd balls from my stash and some I've bought specifically for this project. Most of what I had was different shades of blue and green and I wanted to add a bit of pink and yellow too.


The second project is this. A sweater from one of the Rowan magazines. I'm using Kid Classic in Sandstone and I love both the feel and look of the yarn as well as the color (although it may be more appropriate for autumn than spring). This'll be my last "warm" knit for now. After this I'm doing some spring and summer projects. Or that's the plan, anyway.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look lovely! What size will the blanket be?

11:09 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Love the colours for your ripple blanket :)

1:11 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Love the afghan!! The colours are gorgeous.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home