Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday


What a beautiful day this has been!


I've done a bit of sewing. And I do mean just a bit. Quite a long time ago I bought a long-sleeved silk dress from a thrift shop. The dress wasn't exactly my style. The top part didn't fit me well and the pattern... well, I just couldn't see myself in it from head to toe and fingertip! So I bought it with the full intention of doing something with it. After all, it was silk and it was cheap. Today was finally the day that I did do something to it. And that was to chop the top part of, sew the new raw edge in place and, voilá, I had myself a new skirt! I can see myself wearing it in summer with a simple white or black or yellow top and black flip flops.


And I went out for a long walk in my pink rubber boots. The weather was glorious! Birds were singing all around, the sun felt warm and you could hear (and see) the snow melting. So I enjoyed it all with deep breaths, open eyes and with a camera :)


No more skiing! Not that I did any while it was possible. I don't even own skiis.


Just look at that sky!


Back home I did a bit of baking. I went with my trusted old friend, the jelly roll. These are just so easy and quick to make. This time I filled it with strawberry puree. I omitted the whipped cream, as I didn't have any cream to whip, but instead served it with ice-cream.

What have you been doing today?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I love your pink boots and your "new" skirt would look great with a pink sweater set for spring. It's still early in the morning here and all I've managed is a load of laundry, a bagel and cup of coffee, and a snuggle with the puppies :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

You had such a productive day :) Love the photos of the snow melting and the skirt looks great.

I had a lazy Sunday :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

sounds like a wonderful day-the skirt looks great and those jelly rolls look really yummy. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home