Thursday, April 19, 2007

Coasters


In my last post, I was hoping for rain and now we have it! DH thinks I'm nuts for wanting it to rain, but at least Christine seems to share my view :) Besides being good for nature, and washing that horrible dust off, it's now almost 9 pm and there's a good chance it'll still be raining when I go to bed. I love listening to the sound of rain. We live on the highest floor so can hear the rain on the roof.


Today I went rummaging in my fabric stash, took out my sewing machine and made these. They are coasters for my friend who has her birthday on Saturday. I followed these instructions. They were easy to make, until I got to the part where I had to flip them over, but I managed that too. I think my problem was that I used fabric that was too thick.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

Those are fantastic! I HAVE to give those a go. I'm all fingers and thumbs with this sort of thing but they're just too cute NOT to!

That's a great blog you found too. Thanks for the link, I've added it to my list so I can get a better look later. I love the softie dress ups!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Those are so cute!! The rain turned into snow this morning but fortunately there wasn't really any accumulation. It's been grey all day but hopefully we get a bit more rain.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

The coaster's are very pretty!

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The coasters are lovely! I might have to give them a try, if I ever "find the time" :-)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your coasters are adorable. I love the fabrics you chose. I love listening to the rain while I'm going to bed too.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Lennu said...

The coasters are so pretty, I love the fabric colours you chose! I love to listen to the rain too, it's such a nice sound. And it's raining at the moment here :)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The coasters are very cute, so clever and such a lovely gift idea.

Still no rain here in Wales, we really need some, I can't believe I am watering plants in April, it is crazy!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home