Friday, April 27, 2007

I need your help


Recently my mom gave me these beautiful lace trims (except for the largest one, which was a thrift store find). Most of them were handmade by my father's mother, the rest are vintage machine made ones. They are of different lengths and widths. I brought them home, gave them a bleach bath, hung them to dry and ironed out all the wrinkles.

The thrift store runner is in use at the moment, but as for the rest of them... I have a couple of ideas, but I'd like to hear how you would use them or what kind of ideas do you have for me, if lace isn't your thing. If possible, I'd like to not cut the handmade ones.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cathymk said...

Lina they are simply gorgeous laces. How nice that they are from your family too.
Just recently I was at a friends place and she used some of her old famiily lace to add a bit of flair to her finished bell pulls. Stitched to the top and bottom of the piece just beneath the pullware (perhaps it was to hide the seam I didn't ask).

2:45 AM  
Blogger Tarja said...

Hei, tee pitseistä jotakin käytettävää, esim. ihana kesäkassi tai tuunaa vanhaa kassia.
Täällä joitakin esimerkkejä:

kassi

kassi 2

Itse tein joitakin vuosia sitten anopiltani saamista pitseistä pöytäliinan. Ompelin pitsit valkoiseen pöytäliinakankaaseen ja leikkasin pitsin kohdalta kankaan pois.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

I would use them on a pillow- arrange them on a very dark velevt and put them in rows. The smaller lace I would use to rtrim a bellpull or embellished bag or a tin.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home