Thursday, May 10, 2007

New curtains

This post could have been titled "I Heart eBay", because I do. And I'm not talking about the great great bargains on knitting yarn I've occasionally had the luck of finding. Or the great clothes I've won or even the absolutely darling vintage mags I've found. This time I'm talking about these curtains I got recently.


I made this pelmet for our kitchen window this week. And I'm in love with it :)


And last month I got and sewed these for our study. The hems were pressed and all, so I just had to do the sewing. The fabric is by Laura Ashley and I got the two curtains and postage from the UK for the price of about one meter had I gone into the store to buy them. Plus this is an older pattern and it probably isn't on sale anymore.



They were just a tad too short, so I added a piece of cream fabric at the end. They are like made for our study :)


***
I want to thank every one for the nice comments you've left! It's nice to know I'm not alone in hating and avoiding parallel parking (not that I thought I was, because really, who wouldn't!). Also a big thank you to all who've left me ideas on how to use the pieces of lace!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The blue fabric is so pretty :)

10:57 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Love the curtains, Lina!! You're so creative!

I tagged you on my blog so go check it out!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home