Monday, May 28, 2007

New knitting project


Here's the new knitting project I mentioned yesterday. The pattern is from a Finnish knitting magazine (Novita). It'll be another cardigan, this time with 3/4 sleeves. And the yarn is a bamboo-cotton mix. Wonderfully soft!

And this is my sorry excuse of an ornament for the Ornament SAL. It seems that frogs have come in a flock to my home... But this time I tried to be clever and fight them! I started with the square, and it turned out too small. I count 28 stitches on the pattern and do 24. Logical, huh? And only notice it after I've done the trees and am wondering how I'm supposed to squeeze the word "Christmas" on top of it. The Elizabeth's Designs pattern had a fancy border around as well. I tried to modify it to suit my smaller square, but just kept continually counting wrong, so I gave up. So what I'm left with is this teeny tiny thing. :) (I'm trying to smile about it, but it still bugs me and I'm terrified I'll make another mistake on Winter's Eve tonight...)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having frog problems! Your ornament looks really cute though - hope you get your mojo back soon!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Cute ornament, your knitting project looks gorgeous. love the yarn.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Well, I think it looks very cute! I'm sorry you've got the frogs at your place too - they seem to be multiplying everywhere right now! :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Aww - it's cute! Sorry to hear about the frustration though - I hate that!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home