Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New skirt


I made this skirt today. The fabric is a wonderful soft linen I bought in Shanghai last summer. The pattern is from a Finnish craft/sewing magazine (Suuri Käsityölehti 5/2007). I made it a bit shorter as the original one was to about mid-calf. This one is just below my knees, the photo makes it look longer and it also makes my legs look really short (oh and please please please ignore my scrunched socks!). It was fun to make, except for the hem which I always find so difficult to do. The crinkle things are on the back as well (the pattern had a total of seven per side, but as I shortened it, I decided to leave two of them out).

***

Today I realized that it was already Wednesday, which means that Monday was the day before yesterday and I hadn't noticed it, which in turn means that I missed and forgot about the SAL. I'm so sorry Nicki! I'll try my best to be extra industrious next week.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful skirt - congrats on finishing it!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

That's a gorgeous skirt, Lina!!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

LOL Lina! I hardly did anything on Monday and not enough to take a picture - so I was coming to apologise to you :) The thread went in the post yesterday by the way :)

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful skirt. You're so talented :)

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home