Friday, June 29, 2007

The Picnic Quilt


I finished my picnic quilt this week. I found the backing fabric at a really great price! And I think it looks yummy enough to eat :) As DH said, it'll be a shame to put that on the ground. But I intend to anyway. I made this quilt to be used.

I've always quilted my quilts, but this time I decided to try something else. I used a needle to pull through some thick cotton yarn at intervals and then tied the ends at the back side(several knots and a bow).

This may or may not get in the car with us when we head to France and Germany next week. We've planned on having picnic lunches on the days we drive, but this thing really is quite huge (2 meters per side and quite a thick batting) so we might leave it home to have more room for other things.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Wow, it's gorgeous Lina!!

Have a great time in France and Germany. Where will you be visiting?

4:52 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's gorgeous Lina!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful quilt Lina!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the tied look, and the backing fabric is wonderful!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home