Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fall knitting


This week I got the newest Rowan magazine in the mail. And I love it! I'm so glad I ordered it, because it has so many patterns I want to make.

It also got me thinking about my fall knitting. I went through all the mags and books I have and chose the ones I most want to make, keeping in mind also the current fashions. And I compiled a list. From the new Rowan mag this dress got on it:



And also this thing, called Helsinki Hat Scarf. How can I resist a pattern like that? :) In addition to the great name, it looks very interesting, pretty and warm. The name already tells you it's a mix between a hat and a scarf, but I'd also add a vest in there too! Hope I have the time to make it!



Among the patterns that I wish to get to one day is this absolutely gorgeous long coat:



One of the collections was called "Highlander" (the dress and coat are from it), and the photographs were so beautiful! I really have to get to Scotland some day.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am in love with the dress too, there is way too much I want to knit from the new Rowan, if only there were more hours in each day.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Isabella in the 21st Century said...

There have been some great knitted dresses and skirts by Rowan just recently haven't here? The trouble is there are so many great patterns and so little time!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kathann said...

Has anyone seen additional photographs of this pattern? I just bought the mag 42 and I am becoming obsessed with this pattern. I once saw a woman with a similar looking sweater/vest/scarf thing. She told me she got it in England. I am really hoping this pattern is the same/similar. I think I will modify it to have less of a head scarf and more of a rolled collar. I would appreciate it if anyone has some additional info on visuals of what the back of this pattern looks like.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home