Thursday, August 23, 2007

In the kitchen



Yesterday we had quite a thunderstorm here. The sky went completely dark, it was like night. And the lightnings were constantly flashing down from the sky. The rain continued for hours after the storm calmed down. It was pretty scary, but also beautiful! And I thought it was just the perfect weather to be puttering around in the kitchen.



I made a small jar of mustard, a batch of granola (this is really good, I make it all the time!) and several trays full of korvapuusti. They are a traditional Finnish treat, a bun with cinnamon and sugar.

And I had these lovely little "suns" to cheer me up and light the kitchen. The color really is so bright they seem to emit light!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love sunflowers and yours really do seem to glow. Those cinnamon buns look delicious, I make something similar and looking at yours reminds me that I haven't made them for ages, mmmm, I can almost smell that gorgeous cinnamon, I feel quite hungry now!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Wow those flowers do seem bright. Beautiful! And those buns looks yummy. Makes me hungry... LOL

12:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I sounds like a lovley day! Your cooking sounds and looks delicious too!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home