Monday, September 24, 2007

Crochet

So I started the crochet thing on Saturday and on Sunday evening I was done. Well, almost. I really enjoyed crocheting again! It's been a while since I've done that. And now I think I'm going to have to find some time to do some more :)

My plan was to do four small squares and join them into one big doily to put under the pot of our new palm tree. I was thrilled to have it nearly finished and went to show it to DH. He said it was far too pretty to be put on the floor under a pot were we won't see it at all (only the very ends of the corners would be showing).



After a while I kinda agreed with him and instead of joining the squares together I decided to use them as individual smaller doilies. I put them under the flower pots on our desk. The miniature rose and the two African violets we've had there forever.



They are a perfect size for this job. And I've been meaning to crochet doilies for this purpose for a long time now anyway. Now I've just got to come up with a new plan for the palm. I'm thinking something involving embroidery... I hope I find the time this week to make it into a reality :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Lovely doilies, Lina! I've only done a bit of crochet with yarn. I've never tried it with crochet thread.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Lina, they look fabulous!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home