Thursday, October 04, 2007

Candles

I have always loved candles and every autumn and winter I go through lots of them in our home. But this autumn, I'm really utterly in love with them :) Here are pictures from our living room yesterday evening.



This chandelier was a gift from my mom. We were shopping together for Christmas presents and I saw this one (it was on sale, too) and she said she'd buy it for me instead of getting us some flowers (she was coming to our house for dinner afterwards). I happily accepted. It wasn't hung in our previous appartment since we didn't have a proper place for it, but now it's in our living room and I love it! We went to Ikea last night to buy candles and came home with 150 of them :) !



These two lanterns were also a gift. A friend gave them to me when we moved here. They are on our balcony and you can see them through the living room window.



These two are on top of the cabinet that holds our TV. It's nice to light the candles when watching TV. They provide such a nice light and make the glare of the TV less hard on your eyes.



Candles really give out a lot of light. Something I didn't really realize until I started using the chandelier. DH's comment to this was: "Did you think they burned candles just for ambience 200 years ago?" :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Pretty, pretty :)

12:59 AM  
Blogger Ulla said...

Look's nice! I love candles too.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such pretty candlelight pictures. I started to light my candles last week too, make the room feel so cosy at this time of year.

By the way, I froze some of the buns too, makes me feel wonderfully smug to be able to take them out when necessary. Such a lovely recipe.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love candlelight! Beautiful chandelier and I love the photos.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home