Saturday, December 22, 2007

Breezy Cables



It's done! This is Breezy Cables from Interweave Knits Spring 2006 issue. I left the bobbles out but otherwise followed the instructions. I used Novita Isoveli yarn and needed (almost exactly) 750g of it. This has been the most complex and time-consuming knitting project I've ever done but it was still fun to knit and I really like it. First time I've done pockets, too! It has it's share of mistakes, but nothing I can't live with.

In the magazine they called this a jacket, but when I started knitting it, I was sure I could use it as a cardigan on cold winter days. Well, turns out that using a thick wool yarn to knit cables results in a really warm jacket. Even just wearing it for these photos made me hot! And I do usually wear sweaters and wool socks this time of the year. So a jacket it is.



****

I completely forgot to take pictures of most of the super-secret Christmas things I've been doing, but I see Nicki has received hers and posted a picture on her blog.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

Just popping by to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas!

Looking forward to hearing all your news in 2008!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Sari (saristitching) said...

Your jacket looks nice! Merry Christmas to you!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Villasukka said...

Oh, it is really beautiful!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lina!!! It's stunning!!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

What a wonderful jacket! It looks so warm!

Merry Christmas!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Your jacket is gorgeous! Congratulations :)

And thank you so much for the birds - so sweet. I love the simple style they have. They're hangig off our garland on the mantlepiece :)

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home