Sunday, December 30, 2007

A finish

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Mine was filled with food and treats :)
I got some nice presents, too. My mom gave me a subscription to Piecework. I've never read it as it's not available here, but I've wanted to for a long time now as it looks really interesting. Crafts and history, what could be better? :)

One of my gifts was this lovely ornament from Christine. Thank you so much! It's beautiful and hanging on our tree.



Here's another of the Christmas gifts I mentioned I was working on in December. It's Teresa Wentzler's Wedding Sampler. I started this before we got married and then stopped working on it for a while and this summer I decided to stitch it as a surprise for my husband. I've been working on it here and there when he hasn't been at home and quite intensively in November and December. I've left some things out and simplified the text part a bit (it does have our names but I seem to have blurred them quite thoroughly for this picture). There were two reasons for it: 1) I wouldn't have had enough time otherwise and, maybe more importantly, 2) my husband prefers simpler things.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Your wedding sampler is so beautiful, Lina!! Congratulations on finishing such a big piece!

I'm really glad you liked the ornament. :-) Thank you again for the bag you made for me!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Sari (saristitching) said...

Wedding sampler is just gorgeous!

Happy new year!

2:05 PM  
Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

Happy New Year!

I hadn't heard of Piecwork, I don't think it's out here in Scotland either. By the name of it, I thought it sounded like a quilting mag but I see it's knitting. It looks really interesting, I'll have to look out for it I think.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Your sampler is gorgeous :) I simplified it too when I did it for my sister. Much nicer that way :)

Happy New Year!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Lennu said...

Tosi nätti tuo ristipistotyö! Onneksi olkoon valmistumisesta. Kauniin koristeen sait myös!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home