Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Catching up



The suprise item I was working on and send off last week, is, tadaa, this bag that I made as my "something stitched" for Melanie. I know she has received it now so I can post a picture. It's the same template as the one I made for myself, just with the stitching.

Now I have a desperate urge to finish some of my WIPs. I'm currently working on the Veronik Avery tube top from last fall's IK. It's what I do when and if I watch TV in the evenings.



Then there's the Sunrise Circle Jacket (available from the IK website) which is missing one sleeve-front piece. I haven't gotten the instructions printed out so can only work on it in front of the computer. Which means I have to do it during the day when DH is at work. I usually listen to podcasts at the same time, which is fun. My favourites at the moment are Knitcast and CraftyPod.



And I so want to get this picnic quilt done. I planned it and bought the materials before we left for China, cut them a while ago and am now piecing the top together. This is going to be big! I'm using old curtains and sheets and such bought from a thrift store.



But now I'm going into the kitchen and make a simple dinner (omelets) and wait for DH to come home. Then we're going to go over to our new home for the first time as the owners (we signed the papers today and got the keys!). We're going to clean a bit (there's always dust) and take measurements and the like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Between your crafts and your new home, you'll have lots to keep you busy! Congrats on officially becoming a homeowner!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Congratulations on getting the keys and your new home! :)

And what a good idea to make something out of sheets and things from a thrift store.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home