Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The devil wears whatever she manages to knit

The movie was good. Not brilliant and not bad. Good. After a quite ridiculous start the movie got going and kept on getting better. Naturally it wasn't exactly like the book and I actually liked the changes they had made. A much better story this way, I think. And I really, really loved Meryl in this. I don't know why, but I thought she was brilliant. Some of the minor characters, like Emily and Lily, were less brilliant or did not open up at all. But, all in all, a nice movie to see with your friends (or by yourself). Disclaimer: I am an avid reader of Vogue and that may affect my views. Someone not interested in fashion at all, might find this movie utterly boring.

I ended up not knitting anything afterwards, but I did try to do so yesterday. Like I said, I felt like starting something new.



I thought I'd knit the beret I've been wanting to do for a year now. Got out the yarns and the instructions. Only to realize I don't have the circular needles needed for it.



Then I took out this cheery ball of yarn, intending to make a pair of socks from it. The first pattern I found, again called for circulars that I didn't have. The second pattern went a bit better. I got a scalloped cuff done and noticed I could fit both of my feet into one sock, if I kept going. So I ripped it out.



Bravely I went on, and cast on for the right front piece of the belted lace wrap I've had as a WIP for ages. No luck there either. It turned out I can't remember what size needles I used. This is too small.

Now I need to either by more circular needles, find a another sock pattern or try and try until I find the correct size needles. Or start something else. I don't know yet which way I'll go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home