Saturday, March 10, 2007

The finished hallway

Remeber this? Well, let me present to you the new and improved hallway:


This is officially the first room to be completely ready! We've of course been working on all the rooms during this time. But we're very picky :) (and not exactly made of money), so all the other rooms are still lacking something. But this one is done, done, done!


This is what you see when you walk in. The first door leads to our study and the latter to the kitchen. And straight ahead is the bathroom.


The hallway is L-shaped and this is the part that has our closet (to the left) and leads to our bedroom. The handles on the doors are from Vietnam. We bought them as souveniers :) They were bought for a chest of drawers that we no longer have. We kept the ones that were on the doors originally, so that when we move we can switch them back and take these with us :)


This was the "secret" project that I hinted at a while back. I got the stencil from The Stencil Library. It was easy to use, but the reason it took me so long to do it is that I'm not exactly the tallest person and while we did have a stool for me to use, it still meant I had to be reaching up to be able to paint and it was a torture on my neck and shoulders. So I could only do a bit at a time. If you're taller than me or have a proper ladder, I'm sure you could do this in no time. I actually had set myself a deadline with this, so that I wouldn't give up. We invited guests over and they were due to come here with DH at about 5.30 pm yesterday. I was putting the last strokes on the stencil at five to five. But I made it and was respectably dressed and chopping up salad greens when they arrived :)

Here's one last shot of the hallway, just because I'm so darn proud to be finished with it, this time from our bedroom door.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Congrats, Lina!! I think it looks fantastic!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

It looks so good! Well done! I especially like the shelf with coat hooks. I want one of those one day :)

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home