Monday, July 02, 2007

A summer cardigan


I finished this striped cardigan yesterday evening. I didn't have any buttons that were suitable and a quick stop at the nearest shop that sells buttons also resulted in nothing. So I closed it with pins for the photos. I'll be packing it and a needle and thread in my suitcase and hope I find something suitable :) I mean, I'll be going to the craft shops (fabric, yarn, cross stitch supplies...) anyway, so might as well buy something I actually need instead of just enhancing my stash. Though, I suspect I'll be doing that also.

The pattern for the cardi is from the latest issue of Novita (a Finnish yarn company that also publishes a magazine) and I used the yarn specified on the pattern (Novita Bambu) which is a lovely bamboo-cotton mix (the yarn is held double for this pattern, so it's not really that thick). It's soft, it has a nice sheen and it's not as heavy as pure cotton would be. I had to make some adjustements to the number stitches to get the right gauge, but it went surprisingly well. All in all, I'm very statisfied with it.

Oh, and to those who might be making this. I made the smallest size and had 3 extra balls of yarn (1 of the main color and two of the other).

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Very pretty, Lina!! It looks like it would be great to wear in the early morning or in the evening when the day starts cooling down.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Sini said...

Nätti jakku! Ihanat värit valitsit :}

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a lovely cardigan, I love the colour combination and the yarn sounds very nice.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home