Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Home improvements

I think seeing all those beautiful things on our trip made as want to have beautiful things around us at home too. I don't know, but for the past week we have really been doing a lot of stuff here.



It all started when DH finally put up the board for this valance. We've had it for six months I think! And I finally sewed the valance (I've had the fabric for it since I did the curtains. It's the same fabric as I put on the bottom of them.



The I decided to finish the window treatments for the living room window as well instead of just picturing it there in my mind. I went fabric shopping and after browsing my decorating magazines, came up with this. After taking this picture I added tassels to the very ends. I know the picture is really bad, but I hope you get an idea of what it looks like. The sun was shining really brightly today as you can see from both of these pictures! Which was lovely, of course, but not very good for photographing curtains..



Now I'm lenghtening the curtains we've had up in our living room for about a year. Why haven't I done this before? That's a really good question.



DH has been doing things too! We got the small table on the left in Germany from a small antiques/repair shop somewhere (we were just driving through some villages and I saw the sign). It has beautiful legs and was in excellent condition, except for the top, which was in two pieces and had burn marks and the varnish peeling off. So DH sanded it and glued it together and put on fresh varnish. The other table is from my childhood home. It didn't suit my parents decor anymore when they last moved and they gave it to us. The top was again in bad shape, with ring marks (from flowerpots, I guess) and the varnish was strangely a lot lighter than the rest of the table, so he sanded and varnished it too.



Despite being busy with the apartment, we've still had time to enjoy the beautiful summer weather we've been having lately. Here's small posy I gathered from a nearby meadow today.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

So many wonderful projects! How inspiring!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

You've gotten a lot done, Lina!! It all looks great!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

You've been so busy :) It all looks lovely.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home