Thursday, October 18, 2007

Update

I wasn't able to participate on the Winter's Eve SAL this Monday. I have had problems with my right shoulder for two months now. Initally the doctor I saw just ordered rest and painkillers (tablets and gel) and icepacks. Well, it helped but the pain didn't go away completely. After x-rays and ultrasound, he tought it best to give me a cortisone injection. And he did that on Monday. By evening, the anesthetic had worn off and the whole of my right arm was really really sore (from the shot). I couldn't do anything. Moving it was so painful I almost cried, but at the same time, I couldn't help laughing. I felt so silly not being able to turn the pages of a magazine or dry my face in a towel -everyday things really that don't even require strenght! Now I'm feeling MUCH better and I'm fairly optimistic that by the end of the week, the shoulder will finally feel normal.



Before that, though, I had a sudden urge to stitch something small for fall / Halloween. So, I stitched up the small ornament you see here on the left. I sewed it up today along with the needleroll (which I stitched last October). The ornament was a freebie on the Homespun Elegance website some years back and the Spooky Time is by Lavender Wings (also a free pattern). I just reread the post where I had just finished it and where I mention that "I think I'll sew it up into an ornament tomorrow." Well, that didn't quite happen! Lol, the best of intention...



And here's where I got to in my autumn needleroll last week.


And finally, here's a picture of my knitting project. The back is finished and the left front is started. This is taking a bit longer than I expected, but I'm enjoying it very much! The pattern is called Breezy Cables and it's from Interweave Knits Spring 2006.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

I hope you're feeling OK now. I'm sorry you've been in such pain - that doesn't sound nice at all :(

1:34 PM  
Blogger Lennu said...

Kurjalta kuulostaa olkapääkipu, toivottavasti on parempi jo! Ihanan söpöjä Halloween-koristeita :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Great progress on your projects and I love your finishes!

I can relate on the sore arm. I got a flu shot on Wednesday and my arm still hurts today. I'm glad to hear that yours is feeling better!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Sorry about your arm. I hope that the cotisone injection will do it's job. Your Halloween finishes are pretty and the wip's look great.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lina - Thanks for visiting my blog. The pics are of Caerlaverock Castle near Dumfries in SW Scotland. We loved our visit.
Sounds like tendonitis you have in your shoulder? I wonder because your symptoms are exactly like mine. The pain was so much worse after the steroid injection - once the local anaesthetic wore off - I was wishing I hadn't had it. Two weeks on though I am feeling some improvement from the original pain. Dr says should be back to normal in 6 weeks!
Wish you feel better soon.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home