Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Confessions


I don't like my stitching at the moment. There. I said it. For one thing, there's not much actual stitching to do. Just beading, beading, beading.
Titania is stitched and I'm in the process of putting on the beads. And there's a lot of them. I've finished the stitching on Winter's Eve, ages ago, and am in the process of putting beads on it. And there's a lot of them there, too.

Then there's my Monday SAL, the above MVIII (Evening in the Park). And there's some beading left to do on the previous parts and the part I'm currently stitching is boring. Yes, I mean it, boring. I didn't want to say it, but I can't hide it anymore. The whole part uses just two colors. First I make the blue arrow-like things and then fill in the darker color. It looks great! But it bores me to tears. The above picture doesn't reflect the current state of the project. I've done a bit more, but still have one whole corner to do.

There is also Taj and while there would be lots of stitching to do here, there is also a bit of beading on part 1 left. And in any case, I don't feel comfortable starting a new piece or working on yet another one, when these are so close to being done...

So I haven't done much stitching. I have been knitting quite a bit, but it doesn't look like anything yet, so there's no picture.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Hi Lina :) I've been meaning to ask you how you felt about our Monday SAL :) I've been stitching but not very much either to be honest. MVIII isn't doing much for me right now either! Would you like a break or to SAL on something else instead?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lennu said...

Oi ja voi, ei kuulosta oikein innostavalta :) Ihailen kyllä luonteenlujuuttasi, että et halua aloittaa uutta, vaan tehdä nämä ensin loppuun. Tsemppiä kovasti pistelyyn ja helmieen kiinnittämiseen!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Hey Lina!! I tagged you on my blog...check it out when you have time!

5:34 AM  
Blogger sammyjo said...

i love this peice of stitching and im sad to hear your not enjoying it that much. but it looks wonderful

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home