Saturday, December 30, 2006

A look back

2006 was not a good stitching year for me. I didn't finish anything big. In fact, I hardly finished anything at all. I'm not going to count as I don't want to know how little I accomplised. I did work on some of my WIPs and made good progress on Sampler II. For 2007 I'm going to continue working on Strawberry Garden on Mondays and try my very best to keep up with Mystery X (starts Jan 1). The rest of the time I'll stitch on Sampler II until it's done and then move on to something else. I will also try to stitch an ornament a month. I hope I'll be able to finish something big. Sampler II and Titania at least (so I can finally have her and Adia framed and hanging on the wall).

This year I fared much better in knitting. All in all, I knitted 19 items. Four of those were gifts: mittens for my brother and DH, hat for my father and socks for DH.

What I really love and have worn a lot are these embossed leave socks,


this wrap cardigan,


these wrist warmers,


this bolero,


these fingerless mitts,


these socks


and, of course, this vest


I did also do a number of other craft projects, but those are too varied and numerous to get into. This bag is probably my very favourite and has been used a lot.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

You've done a lot this year! Your knitting is beautiful - some lovely things there :)

I'm looking forward to watching Mystery X and to our SAL.

Happy New Year!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

I love all of your knitting, Lina!! I wish we lived near each other so I could ask you to teach me how to knit the gorgeous things you make.

11:44 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

It all balances out, less cross stitch more knitting but either way you were very productive in 2006. Happy 2007, CJ

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home